Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomato Chutney

I am still picking a few tomatoes each weekend but gradually am pulling out the plants as they die off. Maybe next weekend will see the last of them for this season. I have lots of preserved puree and paste plus dried tomatoes to last us the rest of the year. Last weekend I finally got around to making some simple Tomato Chutney with tomatoes and apples.A few jars of this will see us right as we don't eat much of it.
I have also been making some more cheese but no new recipes. Having enjoyed the Pyrenees with Tasmanian Peppers so much, I have made another wheel almost ready to wax. I am having another go at some Camembert again - using a different recipe again. Hopefully these won't end up in the bin like the last lot which never matured despite developing the proper white mould.

No comments: