Monday, April 25, 2011

Still more harvesting from the garden

I seem to have missed a blog entry last weekend so I guess I had better make up for it this time with 2.  It wasn’t that I didn’t do anything last weekend but couldn’t really write about doing more of the same old, same old bottling tomatoes, juicing apples, making mozzarella etc. I also picked some of the dried on the vine scarlet runner beans which I think will be pretty good added to soup in the months to come. We are still get a few artichokes as well.


Yesterday while I was juicing all the pears which I stole off the crows several weeks ago, now all soft and some starting to go bad, I put on a small batch of Cape Gooseberry Jam. I found a self sown  cape gooseberry plant in the garden a few months ago and now there are some fruit. It takes me back to the backyard of the house where I grew up in Brisbane where there was one growing. I didn’t like them much then and I still don’t but I hate to see things go to waste. I am sure someone will eat it! 

No comments: